Thursday, December 13, 2012

Swinging



Hello Pretty World!


The boyfriend and I went on a date to see the Ann Hamilton exhibit at the Park Ave Armory.
It's basically a giant room with 42 two-seater wooden swings....I know!!
The swings are hooked up to a pulley system that moves a lovely white silk fabric in the center of the room.  Many people were chilling below the fabric and watching it dance around as others swinged it into action, literally.
It didn't take long to revert back to those glorious childhood days of ruling the playground and swaying on the swings while pretending to fly. 
I was swinging pretty high with the help of the boyfriend and it really felt like I was flying, swinging in this vastly opened, high-ceiling-ed room :)
It's definitely a unique experience and very toddler friendly.  I think it might be free on Saturdays so if you're visiting the city the next few weeks, you should definitely check it out :)
You can read more here.

in the air

I was looking at the wires that create the pulley system with the swings




There were people of all ages enjoying the swings.
The grandmas were adorable :)
The paper bags have a radio/walkie talkie inside and you
can listen to the recitations of ridiculously long scrolls of i'm-not-sure-what.

Look at how long those scrolls are.

These are the two actors at the entrance that are
reading the scrolls.
I think they are reading text from famed authors.
I should have paid a little more attention but honestly,
walking into a room full of 42 swings was very distracting :)

swing with me :)

swing and radio

flowy

The halls and rooms of the Park Ave Armory were beautiful!
It definitely felt like I was in a mansion from the early 1900's.

some important historical figures

one of the many rooms

one last go at the swings :)


ps.  I apologize for the blurry quality of the photos.
I'm playing around with the sizing to see which resolution is best.  

xoxo









8 comments:

  1. Very cool! Looks like such a fun exhibit!

    xx
    giovanna
    www.heyloveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so cool! how interactive

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see this exhibition.
    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun...I wanna fly with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool exhibit!

    Maggie
    lovestylehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing shots! Love your blog.
    Lets follow eachother? Let me know if your following me, I will follow you back straight away.

    Love,Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks like so much fun! I wish we had something like that near me.

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks awesome -- I'm definitely going to take my boyfriend there this week then!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love :)